Pages

Friday, 6 April 2012

Cool beans by @doshiX

Hey jackass,

Errrrm...

Dang!

I'm sorry I called you a jackass, I don't know why I did it. Heck, I don't know why I do half the things I do. Maybe I was trying to be cool, you know? Maybe I thought that if I was a little inappropriate then you would laugh (with me), respect my lack of fear-of-what-people-think and thereby think of me as cool. I don't know.

But this I know, that one day, people were throwing leaves on the floor and screaming "Hosanna" but a couple of days later the same people were screaming "crucify Him". Everyday that I say and do stuff solely for the approval of people, I end up like one of that confused bunch. And you know the worse part? Atleast their confusion and ignorance was part of a grand scheme to reconcile us all, my confusion and ignorance causes hurt and leads others astray.

We talk a whole and three quarters of crap, loudly for that matter. Once in a while thank God for His blessings but we never really have the heart to say that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died on the cross of Calvary to reconcile us with God because that crosses the line from "cool" to "pastor".

We never tell friends of the overwhelming peace we feel when God's presence embraces us while doing something as mundane as making the bed or how we get teary eyed when the choir sings a worship song that ministers to us.

Sometimes, we 'mention' it, but most times we don't. And this is not me sitting on a high horse judging you, this is me reminding myself of what my priorities should be.

Cool shouldn't be cursing and being inappropriate because truthfully that is the norm these days. Cool, like someone once said, should be going against the norm by living the Gospel. Not just to be tagged "cool" but because we've been saved by grace. Cool IS living the gospel.

"Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth before the difficult days come, and the years draw near... Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12:1 and 13-14

Happy Easter and God bless you

1 comment: