Pages

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

That Friend by @Fels77

Some people don't really have friends, like close you-can-tell-me-anything-and-call-me-anytime kinda friends. They may have acquaintances and are friendly to people, or their sanguine nature makes people love and confide in them easily. You see, such people might end up having 'friends' who have different characters and nature. And these friends on a normal ground can not get along so it's really surprising how they can have a common friend. I've seen myself in this kind of situation lots of times, where, some of my friends don't like my other friends and can't fathom what I see in them. I shiver at the prospect of bringing them together sometimes but I'm usually grateful they like (or maybe Love) me enough to keep their reservations aside and act civil towards each other during occasions that require all my friends to be in one place at the same time.

Another problem is those friends that feel they own you more than the others. I don't know their basis for this claim. Maybe it's due to how long you've known yourselves, or how much of themselves they've revealed to you or probably what you guys have been through together or whatever! But its not just cute when your friends fight over rights. Sorry, I'm bragging about my numerous friends (even though I use that term loosely) and implied people fight over me (I wish!). I was just reading about friendship from the book of Sirach (my favorite Deuterocanonical book) when these thoughts started flooding my head and I thought I should share some of the wisdom I learnt from that passage.If you are polite and courteous, you will enjoy the friendship of many people. So you see, you have to be at least a nice person to be able to attract people and ask any wise person, it pays to have someone in your corner. Having someone you can count on cannot be emphasized. Have more than one person you can count on when you are in trouble? Then you are RICH! If you feel you can do it all by yourself and don't need friends, by all means, carry on. But if you don't mind being rich in people, here are a few tips.

Sirach said, when you make friends, don't be too quick to trust them; make sure they have proved themselves. Prove themselves how? You may ask. Well, relax, wait, a situation will surely present itself and if u are wise, u will know if your "friend" passed the test. Some people will be your friend only when it is convenient for them, but they won't stand by you in trouble. Others will fall out with you over some argument and then embarrass you by letting everyone know about it. A loyal friend is like a safe shelter; find one and you have found a treasure. Nothing else is as valuable; there is no way of putting a price on it. Only those who fear the Lord can find such a friend. A person who fears the lord can make real friendship because he will treat his friends as he does himself.

Sorry if I sounded a little preachy there but all I'm saying is what one of my (Tested & Trusted) friends Doshima (@doshix) is always saying, "In all thy getting, after knowledge, get people!" And it won't do any good if the people you are able to gather can't fight for you, so you definitely need God in order to make the right choice(s).


One last thing: Don't ever, and I mean EVER beg to be anybody's friend. NEVER!

1 comment:

  1. Lol @ the last line, true though!

    You have me blushing and turning purple, I love u loads babe. Friendship is easily one of the most complicated relationships to manage.

    God bless u for sharing :*

    Andyyyyy :* :* :*

    ReplyDelete